My life according to belt. Chronicles of a 30's something female Jiu Jitsu practitioner.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Branching Out

Class was a bit better last night- but I am still oh so conflicted. While I finally feel like I am making a tad bit of headway with the guys- I am not getting anywhere at all with the instructor. There is an upcoming seminar within my local area that may be beneficial- who knows- I have pretty much been banned from attending though...just in case I pick up "bad technique" and everything..

When I was teaching dance I never forbid people from attending other instructors- because I was never afraid of them finding out something negative...if they picked up bad habits, I could fix it..and I certainly wasn't concerned about my instruction coming into question.
Which makes me seriously step back and question the quality of training where I am now. What is the main benefit a school gets from isolation-

On the other hand, I am pretty much out of options- it is either this or nothing. So, for now I guess I will continue my path in limited training, and remember that side trips are all the more important. I still have a lot to think about regarding the main upcoming trip, and whether or not it is a worth while venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment